Filing For Divorce
Facing the prospect of a divorce is a trying, frightening moment in one’s life. But once the decision has been made to try a period of legal separation or to fully end a marriage, the least painful way to get through this difficult time is to work through the legal process efficiently and effectively so you can move on with your life.
The divorce attorneys at Michael L. Hawkins & Associates, P.L.L.C., are here to provide legal support for every aspect of divorce, from the divorce itself to parenting time to property division. From our Frankfort office we serve clients throughout Franklin County and Kentucky.
Legal Support For Divorce And Related Family Changes
- Legal separation: This is for couples seeking to live separately while staying married.
- Divorce: This is for couples seeking to permanently end their marriage.
- Property division: Once a divorce has been initiated, asset division is one of the thornier issues to address — we will help spouses reach mutually satisfactory compromises regarding the division of marital property.
- Parenting time: Couples with children must agree on a plan for their children’s well-being after the divorce. In recent years, Kentucky courts have embraced the philosophy that children benefit from seeing as much of both parents as possible.
- Child support: To compensate for differences in child-rearing responsibilities, some families use child support payments to make sure that both parents are contributing fairly to their children’s material needs.
- Mediation: Some disagreements run too deep to be solved through simple negotiation. As certified family law mediators, we can help you resolve serious disputes without having to resort to a lawsuit.
Tell Us About Your Case
The lawyers at Michael L. Hawkins & Associates, P.L.L.C., provide a wide array of legal services to clients in Frankfort and throughout Kentucky.
We don’t have just clients; we’re developing relationships that become friendships
– Michael L. Hawkins